Interview Guide Oct 04
Oct 043-4 rounds
Software engineers are computer science professionals using knowledge of engineering principles and programming languages to build software products, develop computer games, and run network control systems.
Zomato is an Indian restaurant search and discovery service founded in 2008. As of now, the company is providing its services in more than 30 countries across the globe.
Zomato hires software engineers to work closely with their teams and contribute to the ever-evolving tech food ordering platform with new features and better user interaction.
But remember, before you apply for Zomato's Software Engineer job, ensure to have a robust and well-highlighted resume. You can avail of the resume review services at Prepfully to get your resume reviewed by a Zomato recruiter.
Get your resume reviewed by a Zomato recruiter to get the interview call→ Review Resume
- Design and build efficient, scalable systems that will be used by millions of people across the globe from day one.
- 'Own what you build' by creating, testing, and refining what's under the hood of Zomato's pages and services.
- Work closely with iOS, Android, and web developers to develop back-end services that meet their needs.
- Be proactive in finding ways to improve the high-performance computation system's performance, architecture, and development processes.
- Investigate production issues about customer features to determine the root cause and implement solutions.
- Investigate performance issues/scalability bottlenecks and existing queries and write new queries with performance optimization in mind.
- Identify libraries and technologies worth experimentation with.
- Be responsible for developing predictive systems, creating efficient algorithms, and improving data quality.
- 3-7 years of experience with a significant consumer-facing website or service (Preferably working on product-oriented organizations/ start-ups, etc.).
- Strong command over at least one PHP / Golang / Java / NodeJS / Python, including debugging and performance analysis.
- Experience working with Relational and non-Relational databases and understanding their data models and performance trade-offs.
- Strong database design and query writing skills are committed to performance and efficiency.
- Worked with real-time web applications and event-driven architectures
- Understanding of caching techniques and systems like Memcache / Redis.
- Comfortable with search engines like Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of REST paradigm.
- Solid engineering principles and a clear understanding of data structures and algorithms
The typical Zomato Software Engineer's salary is ₹18,56,930 per year. Software Engineer salaries at Zomato range from ₹16,6535- ₹32,27,500 per year.
Usually, the interview process for the Software Engineer role at Zomato consists of 3-4 rounds as under:
- HR Round/ Phone Screening
- Coding Round
- Technical Rounds (1-2)
- Behavioral Interview
Schedule a free peer mock interview to practice well for your Zomato interview.→ Schedule Now
Once you've spoken to a recruiter, you'll be interviewed by the hiring manager for the position. This round generally focuses on your CV or resume-related information, along with some technical and behavioral questions. Below are the interview questions and tips to crack the round.
- What makes you want to work for Zomato?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.
- Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something even though you did not have authority.
- Did you ever disagree with a manager's decision? What did you do?
- How has your career experience been so far?
- How would you describe the proudest moment of your career?
- What is your most outstanding achievement?
The coding interview round consisted of 2-3 questions. Most of these tests are taken online. This round expects the engineer to write solutions.
- Reverse a linked list
- Detect a loop in a linked list
The next stage consists of 2 technical interview sessions with a team member or a group of team members, depending upon your team's decision. A broad talk about your experiences, the role, and technical questions and questions around your expertise.
- How will you balance a binary search tree?
- Write a program to implement two stacks in an array.
- A number is given and find the next greatest palindrome.
- On a given database, design a SQL query.
- Tell me how Facebook maintained the friend list.
- Write a code to create a mirror image of a tree.
- Questions based on a binary and ternary search tree.
- Give an example of an O (n) algorithm and an O (n*n) algorithm such that the algorithm is slower.
During the behavioral interview round, candidates are generally asked to share specific examples of situations in which they used certain skills. Here is your chance to demonstrate how you can benefit this company in the future. This round may also contain salary structure and negotiation discussions.
- Can you describe a time when you used creativity to overcome a dilemma?
- Which is your best team-based project idea?
- Tell me about when you were called in to help with a situation.
- Is it easier to work in a group or on your own?
- How did you use your ability to solve problems for the benefit of a company or team?