Wipro Product Manager
Interview Guide Feb 25
Feb 253 rounds
The role of a Wipro Product Manager
A product manager analyses the consumer demand and the bigger business objectives that a product or feature will meet, articulates what success looks like for a product, and rallies a team to make that vision a reality.
Wipro Limited is a well-known multinational IT, consulting, and business process services company. Wipro assists its clients in successfully adapting to the digital environment by utilizing cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robots, cloud, analytics, and emerging technologies.
Role and responsibility
- Understanding the productized services/SaaS market and creating business cases, proposals, presentations, and marketing artifacts.
- Ideate, develop, and implement products with a customer-centric approach and focus.
- Managing customer engagement; keeping the customer advisory group informed about product development.
- Managing all stages of the research value chain, from formulating research designs to presenting insightful reports.
- Collect primary/secondary research information/data for knowledge creation that will be helpful for product positioning and differentiation.
- Continuously track business and technology trends and collect market information.
- The ability to solve problems both strategically and analytically. Applied knowledge of business analysis for solving customer problems.
- The ability to transform requirements into solutions with focused energy.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong rapport with project teams and the customer teams.
- Good networking skills to work across different multicultural teams towards a common goal.
- Expert at interacting with senior business leaders and presenting to them.
- The ability to succeed in a professional environment where client and project directions are sometimes unclear.
Wipro Product Manager salary
The typical Wipro Product Manager salary is ₹17,15,468 per year. Product Manager salaries at Wipro can range from ₹7,64,715 - ₹21,80,343 per year.
Interview Process Overview
Usually, the interview process for the Product Manager role at Wipro consists of 3-4 rounds as under:
- Online Assessment
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Online Assessment Round
The first step in the hiring process is an online assessment test. Those who pass this round will be invited to the technical interview rounds. There are three sections to this test:
- Aptitude: The Aptitude Test is the first step in the hiring process at Wipro. This round is again divided into three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section will assess the candidate's mathematical abilities. The Quantitative Aptitude component covers Time, Speed & Distance, Number Series, Simple & Compound Interest, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Ratios & Proportions, and Percentages.
- Logical Reasoning: The candidate's ability to think critically and logically will be assessed in this section. You will be quizzed on the following topics in this section: Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Data Arrangements, Logical Word Sequence, Statements and Inferences, Inequalities, Coding, Decoding, Series, Analogy, and Visual Reasoning. Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Data Arrangements, Logical Word Sequence, Statements, and Inferences.
- Verbal Ability: This section will evaluate the candidates' ability to communicate in English. The questions in this part will cover topics such as error-spotting, sentence improvement, sentence completion, and para-jumbles, among others.
- Essay writing: In the writing section, there is an essay writing test that can be based on any topic or circumstance. On the chosen topic, candidates must submit a 200–400 word essay. It's also a computer-assisted test. The following are characteristics of a good Wipro essay: excellent organization (essay structure), phrasing (grammar, punctuation, and spelling problems), and vocabulary.
- Coding: Candidates can take the coding test in any of the programming languages listed below: Java, C, C++, or Python. The Fundamentals of Programming in at least one programming language of his or her choice must be grasped. In this round, two or three code questions are usually asked. The topics that must be mastered are as follows: Looping, Functions, Arrays, and Strings are all examples of decision-making.
Depending on the company's needs and job profiles, experienced candidates may be able to bypass the online evaluation step.
Technical Interview Round
The face-to-face technical interview is the most important step in the process. The interviewer will also assess your problem-solving abilities. You'll be questioned about previous projects and professional experiences, such as what you did, how you used technology, and how effective you were.
It is vital to know how to program in a specific language. Make sure you are conversant in at least one programming language. You do not need to be fluent in all programming languages, but you should be familiar with at least one, such as C++, Java, or Python. You may also be asked to write code.
- What makes a macro faster than a function in the C programming language?
- What are the differences between an object-oriented programming language and an object-based programming language?
- Explain the precondition and postcondition for a member function in the context of the C++ programming language.
- What do you understand about stack unwinding in C++?
Practice more such questions with a Wipro Product Manager→ Book Now!
HR Interview Round
Candidates who pass the technical interview will advance to the HR round. They can also inquire about Wipro's history, such as when the company was founded, its aims, beliefs, and organizational structure.
Examine your resume to make sure you've included all the pertinent information about yourself and that the information you've provided is accurate to the best of your knowledge. Prepare to answer any questions that may be asked based on your resume. If you're asked a question, be confident and honest in your response.
- Could you tell me a bit about yourself? How do you see yourself fitting into this role?
- Why do you want to work for Wipro?
- Would you be interested in moving to different parts of India?
- I'd like to know about your internships and projects.
- Why are you looking for a new job?