Frequently asked questions
First off, we apologize for your negative experience.
Please give us details here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org right after the interview. If you provide specifics of what went wrong within 24 hours of the session, and it's clear that your expert failed in delivering upon any realistic expectations you might have requested for your mock interview experience, we will offer you a refund of value.
A refund of value is where you tell us whatever you think the session was worth; we'll reach out to your expert to notify them, and then refund the difference. For instance, if you paid 100 USD for a session but there was a clear failure on the part of the expert to deliver a relevant interview experience, you can then tell us how much the interview was worth to you (eg. 70 USD), and we'll coordinate with the expert to refund the difference (eg. 30 USD).
Please do note, your expert spent a lot of time in that session, so we ask you to be thoughtful of their time and effort invested too. However, it is your decision and we trust you to make the right one.
For this to work,
- You will need to have filled out your written feedback form answering all relevant questions that you would have received immediately after the session.
- You'll need to send us as many specifics regarding how the session didn't work as possible - we take refund requests very seriously, and need all possible information in order to have a deep discussion with your expert, so that where there was a genuine problem, they can learn from the experience and improve their services.
- Please do note - all information provided in the feedback form, and across any other channels that you share with us regarding this session, may be shared with the expert. This is because they will reasonably expect to be told why their payment for the session is affected.
Both 1 and 2 must happen within 24 hours of your session being completed.
Important: Once 24 hours have passed, we can unfortunately not support refund requests. This is because
- Experts have already been paid by this point, and it is not possible to claim payments back.
- Experts' and candidates' memories remain fresh only up to a certain point. Longer periods lead to disagreements and misrepresentations of what really happened in-session.
- The 24 hour rule protects our experts from fraud, as well as protects Prepfully from perpetual liability.
Is "my actual interview was nothing like the mock interview" a legitimate reason for requesting a refund?
Sometimes, yes. Occasionally, no.
To explain further - when this accusation is made, we investigate your target company/role's interview process to verify if the topics covered by the expert were (a) relevant and (b) in line with any request you might have provided through Prepfully. If they were, then a refund is not possible. However, if either of the two conditions above were not satisfied, you will be entitled to a refund. In this case too, a request must be made within 24 hours of the session being completed.
Please do note, it would be impossible for one expert to cover all possible topics, themes, or questions, that an actual interviewer might cover in the live interview, in a single mock interview. For some roles, candidates request several mock interviews to cover an array of topics. This can help you ensure greater coverage over topics which will happen in your actual interview. If you have a special request (eg. "portfolio review type interview" for a Product Designer role, or a "Product Sense" style interview for a Product Manager role), then you always have the option to send this through us in advance, and your expert would be happy to customize the interview based on this requirements.