Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has an excellent IT service base for companies in different industries. One of India's largest multinational business groups employs over 500,000 employees across 46+ countries.
This company headhunts top-level Scrum Master roles in the workforce in different locations or remotely. The recruits will input their knowledge and experience in Scrum techniques and Agile frameworks.
The prime focus of this professional will be to oversee project timelines, split tasks among team members, and ensure proper communication among teammates.
You can apply for the job vacancies on the official job portal of TCS or other 3rd party job portals such as LinkedIn. Prefer seeking professional resume review service from Prepfully, the platform offers expert resume review services by recruiters of TCS Scrum Master role.
Take a mock interview with TCS Scrum Master recruiters to increase your chances of cracking the interview.→ Schedule Now
Here is the list of roles and responsibilities a TCS Scrum Master has to focus on.
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in a reputed company
- Ready to work with flexible timings
- SAFe Agile framework knowledge (XP, Crystal, etc.)
- Proper management of a project's timeline and scope
- Coordinating sprints, daily stand-ups, and retrospective meetings
- Coaching team members working on a project regarding the adopted Agile Frameworks
- Facilitating a strong medium to promote and oversee internal communication and ensure effective collaboration
- Developing yourself as an efficient point of communication that stakeholders and customers can communicate
- Work parallel with the product owners to oversee new requests, handle backlogs, and delegate workload
- Resolution of conflicts and removal of obstacles that occur during the product development timeline and post-completion service period
- Making yourself ready for the sudden changes in the workflow by implementing respective changes to make the organization compatible with unprecedented requirements
- Guiding the development teams involved in achieving a higher level of Scrum maturity
- Concentrating on producing a productive environment where teammates enjoy working on a project and feel the 'ownership' of developed
- At least six years of experience in IT
- Familiarity with software development
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, and similar fields
- Scrum Master Certification from a reputed institute
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts
- Scrum Master certifications (PSM I, PSM II, PSM III, CTC, CSP)
- Knowledge of widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, Pairing, Automated Testing, TDD, Continuous Integration, Agile
The list of additional skills needed in a TCS Scrum Master is
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding conflicts, finding their roots, and resolving them
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong capability of learning and using Incident Management tools
- Management and leadership skills
The number of interview rounds depends on the recruitment process and the number of candidates applying for the job. There can be 2-3 rounds in the entire TCS Scrum Master interview process
- Technical Round
- Managerial/Non-Technical Round
- HR Round
Both technical and non-technical rounds are there to check an interested candidate's technical and management skills.
Generally, the candidates are notified for the next rounds when they complete one round successfully. It takes a few weeks to arrange unless the company is in a hurry to recruit Scrum Masters.
The first Round curtails questions related to Scrum. It can be a discussion or a question/ answer round over a call, video call, or on-site.
- What are the phases of risk management?
- Name the primary tools used in a Scrum project.
- What do you mean by API?
- What is a burn-down chart?
- What does a product roadmap mean?
- What are the leading techniques used for estimation?
- Describe a few of the most common risks experienced while executing a Scrum project.
- What do you mean by Scope Creep, and what are the common reasons behind it?
- What do you mean by Gap Analysis?
- Differentiate between a risk and an issue with a good example.
- Define product backlog and differentiate it from sprint backlog.
- What do you mean by Product Scope?
The managerial Round contains scenario-based questions. There might be questions about an aspiring candidate's behavioral traits and leadership qualities. Here are some sample questions that an interviewer can ask-
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to join TCS?
- What roles do you think you have to play in TCS as a Scrum Master?
- Have you ever failed in meeting your responsibilities? How did you handle this failure?
- Describe a situation where you handled a real-time dispute or conflict while working on a Scrum project.
This Round is more about salary discussions and expectations the selected applicant keeps from the organization. It may also contain general questions pertaining to the resume, current job, and how the applicant sees himself as a TCS fit employee.
Schedule a free peer interview session to practice and gain confidence.→ Schedule Now
Apart from the non-technical and technical questions, here is a must-follow list of interview tips from the top Scrum Masters working in this company.
- Focus on the question and answer with your skills.
- Make sure you have practiced answering technical and nontechnical questions professionally during the mock interviews.
- Check the job role repeatedly and find out where you can fit well. This helps you to crack down on the code and explain your employable skills to an interviewer.
- Focus on adding more value to the organization you aspire to join.
- Be prepared with case studies related to Scrum management and SAFe Agile Frameworks.
Get more interview tips and feedback from the professionals working in TCS as Scrum Masters or its recruiters through Mock Interviews at Prepfully. It will help you get hold of the interview formats. The suggestions will ease your interview sessions to make you feel confident, increasing your chances of cracking the job at TCS.
It is also advised to opt for the free peer practice interview mock sessions to understand where a competing candidate stands. Seek deeper insights into these interview rounds of the TCS Scrum Master job profile and get professional assistance to help you get the job you want.