Interview DifficultymoderateRounds 3-4 interviews across 2-3 rounds
System Engineers at Infosys are responsible for the development, testing, implementation, warranty, and support of programs. They interact with the customer to understand their needs, and define their requirements and provide the necessary technical functionalities. They play a vital role in implementing SDLC activities and work with project managers, engineering, and management teams to deliver high-quality software.
Systems Engineer at Infosys must have -
- Knowledge and experience in building projects using software engineering methodologies.
- Proficiency in at least one coding language, such as C, C++, Python.
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems and Database Management.
- Know-how to produce software according to specifications and build extensive and detailed test cases to ensure that the best output is being produced.
The Infosys Systems Engineer interview consists of 2-3 rounds. The first is the InfyTQ test, which further consists of 2 mandatory stages - the qualifying and final round, and an optional round - the advantage round. The second round of the process is the technical interview which is followed by the third round - the HR round.
The first round of the Infosys Systems Engineer interview is the InfyTQ test. This is an online test containing 2-3 rounds - a Qualifying Round, a Final Round, and an Advantage Round (optional).
Qualifying Round -
In this round, the following topics will be tested -
- Database Management
- SQL basics
- Programming skills
You will be required to complete 40 multiple-choice based questions in 60 minutes. The breakdown of the questions is as follows -
- Java/Python - 20 questions
- Database Management - 10 questions
- Aptitude - 10 questions
Answering a question correctly will award you 1 mark and there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for incorrect answers.
Final Round -
Once you clear the Qualifying Round, you will take the Infosys Certification exam, in which the above topics will be tested with objective-type and hands-on questions. This is a 3-hour interview.
The pattern for this round is as follows -
- Java/Python (hands-on) - 2 questions
- Java/Python (multiple choice) - 10 questions
- Database Management (multiple choice) - 10 questions
There will be no negative marking this round.
You must score 65% above in the round to clear it. You will become an Infosys Certified Software Programmer and will be eligible to sit for the technical and behavioral rounds that follow for the Systems Engineer role.
Advantage Round -
This is an optional round in this process, which will also test the above topics, however, the bar to clear this round will be higher. This is also a 3 hour round where you will be asked programming questions of varying difficulty. Each question will have a different weightage depending on the difficulty. Upon clearing this round, you will win a job opportunity for the role of a Power Programmer and Systems Engineer Specialist. There will be interviews for these roles that will test both technical and behavioral skills.
Note - Your choice of language (between Java and Python) will be asked during the application process. Please be careful while filling it in as you will not have the chance to change it in the future.
For the preparation of the InfyTQ test, the online portal is sufficient. The link for the online portal is attached below. You will have to register on this website, following which you will be able to access the resources - https://infytq.onwingspan.com
Some previously asked Infosys Coding Interview Questions -
- Given the number, add it to its reverse and check if the number is a palindrome. Continue this process for N iterations.
- From an alphanumeric string, extract all digits, remove the duplicates and form the largest even number possible.
- Given a list of numbers [7, 5, 4, 2, 8, 6, 1, 1, 1, 4, 3], find the number of possible combinations of numbers such that their sum is equal to 6.
Note - A popular question for this round - Given the order table, write queries to get the required output. One question you can try is -
The second round of the Infosys Systems Engineer interview process is the technical phone screen. The topics that will be tested in this round are -
- Software Engineering - SDLC
- Operating Systems
- Database Management, SQL
- Data Structure basics
- Basic coding skills in Java/C++
You may also be given pseudo-code and are expected to find the output. Additionally, they may also ask technical questions related to your resume and project experience.
Infosys Technical Questions -
- What are classes and objects?
- What are the different types of constructors in C++?
- What is the software development life cycle?
- Describe the waterfall model.
- What is the difference between delete and truncate in SQL?
- What are foreign keys and candidate keys in DBMS?
- What are the SDLC steps?
- What is the complexity of the merge sort algorithm?
- What is the difference between DDL and DML?
- What are the ACID properties in DBMS?
- What are the different types of keys in DBMS? Explain with an example.
- To convert a given ER diagram into tables, what is the minimum number of tables required?
- What is the advantage of using a constructor?
- What is a Java Virtual Machine? (if you have chosen Java as your preferred language)
- What is the difference between exceptions and errors?
- What is hashing?
- Why is insertion sort called “insertion”?
- What is the difference between lists, tuples, and dictionaries in Python (if you have chosen Python as your preferred language)?
Infosys Coding Interview Questions -
- Write a program to find out whether the input string is a palindrome or not.
- Write a function to check whether the input number is prime or not.
- Walk me through the implementation of the merge sort technique.
- Write a code to convert an input decimal number into binary without using any built-in functions.
This is the final round of the Infosys Systems Engineer interview process. It may or may not be conducted and depends entirely on the recruiter. In this round, you will be asked general behavioral and scenario-based questions. You will also be asked to discuss relevant experiences from your resume.
Sample Behavioural Questions -
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you aspire to be?
- What are your hobbies?
- Are you comfortable working from anywhere, and for any work hours?
- What is the most challenging project you have worked on?
- Tell me about a time when you managed a difficult project?
The base pay average of an Infosys Systems Engineer is around Rs 4,00,000 with some additional benefits. A Senior Systems Engineer earns around Rs 4,50,000, while a Specialist Systems Engineer earns around Rs 5,00,000. A Technology Analyst earns Rs 7,00,000, and a Power Programmer earns around Rs 8,20,000. The average pay of a Technical Lead is Rs 10,90,000.
Assess your preparation levels
Take a mock interview with experts at Prepfully→ Book a mock interview