Tell me about a time when you showed initiative.
Asked at Flexport, Avanade and 18 other companies
No answers yet. Be the first one to answer!
This question has been asked in different phrasing across multiple companies and roles. Consolidated answers available on this page.
Also asked in other words as..
- Can you give an example of a time when you took the initiative to learn a new skill or take on a new challenge?
- Can you talk about an instance where you identified a problem and took steps to solve it?
- Describe a situation where you stepped up to fill a gap or need in your team or organization.
- Describe a situation where you took the initiative.
- Describe a situation where you took the lead without being asked to do so.
- Describe a time when you showed initiative.
- Have you ever taken on a project outside of your job description? Can you tell us about it?
- Have you ever taken the initiative to mentor or train a colleague or team member? Can you tell us about it?
- I want you to tell me about a time you showed initiative.
- Please give me an example of a time when you demonstrated initiative.
- Share an experience where you proposed a new idea or process that improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Share a situation where you identified a potential issue and proactively took steps to prevent it from becoming a problem.
- Share a time when you were proactive and shoed initiative.
- Tell me about an instance when you took initiative.
- Tell me about a time when you showed initiative.
- Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was required of you.
- Tell us about a time where you saw an opportunity and took the initiative to seize it.