Can you tell me about a situation where you disagreed with your product manager and how you handled it?
Engineering ManagerData Science Manager
Asked at Fidelity Investments, BlackBuck and 18 other companies
No answers yet. Be the first one to answer!
This question has been asked in different phrasing across multiple companies and roles. Consolidated answers available on this page.
Also asked in other words as..
- Can you tell me about a situation where you disagreed with your product manager and how you handled it?
- Can you give an example of a situation where you and your product manager had a disagreement?
- How did you approach the disagreement and communicate your perspective to your product manager?
- Can you talk about the steps you took to resolve the disagreement and find a mutually acceptable solution?
- How did you ensure that the disagreement did not negatively impact the project or team dynamics?
- How do you balance the need to advocate for your team's perspective with the need to maintain a productive working relationship with your product manager?
- Can you discuss any lessons you learned from this experience and how you applied them in future situations?
- How do you maintain open and honest communication with your product manager to prevent disagreements from escalating into larger conflicts?
- Can you talk about the importance of finding common ground and working towards a solution that benefits both your team and the business?
- How do you approach disagreements in a professional and respectful manner?
- Can you provide an example of a situation where your collaboration with your product manager resulted in a successful outcome for the project and business?
- Can you recall a specific instance where you had a disagreement with your director. How did you approach or resolve the issue?